View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules A View Post
I've always thought that expiration dates have time padded in but of course I can't advise you on whether or not to use them. Best of luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules A View Post
But remember, we know EXACTLY what Shared Solutions is going to say:

Oh nooooo its expired you better throw it away and purchase some more from us immediately.

I agree, Jules.

From the Copaxone Consumer information:

"Do not use it after the expiry date (EXP) printed on the pack.
If you use it after the expiry date has passed, it may not work as well.
Do not use it if the packaging is damaged or shows signs of tampering."

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcmed.nsf/pages/swccopax/$File/swccopax.pdf

It doesn't say it's dangerous to use it, just that it MAY not work as well. I agree that there is likely a buffer for at least a few - 6 months past expiry.

A lot of times they just put an expiry date (shelf life) on products so that pharmacies (merchandisers, or retailers of products) know when to turn it over or sell it off. How many times have you seen Tylenol on sale, at reputable pharmacies, because there are only a few months left on the expiry?

I bet if you called a pharmacy and said "I just picked this med up from your store, and it expires this month ..." you'd get a different answer then if you said you got it for free from a friend for free.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jules A (03-26-2008)