View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 12:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've always been "overly-sensitive" and "over analytical". These qualities held me in good stride when I worked as a health and safety co-ordinator for BFGoodrich. They also helped when I worked for a Pizza place as a waitress and then moved up to Asst. Manager. I made 'connections' with people in a brief 2 - 3 min. span. People told the owner that they got the feeling I'd "known them all their lives" "they felt comfortable" etc.

However, after I had surgery in 2000, and started to have physical problems on a day to day basis, it turned against itsself, I became more self-orientated and self-degrading, not all at once, but little by little, minute amounts that werent immediately visible.

I believe that those of us who are more "emotionally lible" have a greater chance of having the scales tipped toward affective mood disorders, because of the inherent roller coaster we live on in life in general. Looking back (hindsight is always 20/20 dontcha know?) I believe that if I had started with a good therapist in 1993, I wouldnt have had the problems I do now. Too many stressors happened to me in the space of that year. I moved outta the house I had grown up in, got my first "real job", lost that job due to pregnancy issues, my mom passed away, I got married, I had a baby, and then I moved back into the home I had grown up in. A life coach told me that I had 2/3 of the major life events a person normally experiances through a life time, happen in the space of a year, and that was not emotionally or mentally healthy. She was right.

There are such a variety of things that it COULD be. I think this is a time of a personal cross-roads for you. I'd suggest talking with a school counselor, or possibly a mental health professional, or even a social worker. Sometimes just airing how your thinking or feeling can help. Like here on these boards, where I've met some of the most awesome, caring and compassionate people. A journal has become my best friend the past month. Looking back over past entries, I can see ebbs and flows, and its helping me to make a "mental outline" of my thought processes, so I can better anticipate a depressive episode before it gets full steam.

Hope this helps some, sweetie. Keep us updated and informed on how yer doing, ok?

God Bless ya!!!

Dawn