15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clouds z View Post
http://www.infowars.com/?p=841

one in four doesnt have car insurance and many lost homes because of mortgages

are these people illegal aliens mainly?

YouTube
March 16, 2008

In California, it is the Grapes of Wrath all over again, minus the migration. Somebody please send this link to Rush Limbaugh and the neocons, who seem to think all of the homeless are drunks and drug addicts.

i dont think i know of any homeless

i know of some that were homeless and got apartments sometime in last 7 years

i know people who run up credit cards and still seem to have money for silly things

i think the world is crazy
there was one woman on here talking about her condo problems -i wonder if she is now homeless
While I don't patronize or agree with the neocons, I do think most homeless are people who have problems which helped to exaggerbate their situations. Drugs, Alcolholl and Mental Illness are a few of thos problems.

People who took out mortgages for little or no down payment and variable interest rates were misguided or misinformed.

The bankers and lenders (not the government) should be held to task for their irresponsible actions.

Still, it is the buyers responsibility to know the details of their loan and to be realistic about what they can afford.

The best way to own a home is to save up for a down payment until you have a substantial amount and can build equity.

As to being homeless, there are many programs to help the homeless. Many will not participate.

Sadly a lot of the mentally ill simply cannot help themselves and families may have given up on them.

Tootsie
KarenMarie (03-26-2008)