View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 04:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Jumping from the MS board

OK. This may take a while....

At 17 I was dx with a rare form of colon cancer. After a resection of the colon I continued to have SEVERE diarreah and ulcerations in my mouth. At 20 I was dx wtih Crohn's disease in 1990.

In 2004 I began to have neurological sx. I had extreme fatigue but I also began to trip. Then began tingling, numbness, muscle spasms, short term memory loss, confusion (I put my shoes in the freezer), and the list goes on and on.

I was first dx with CIDP because EMG and SSEVP was abnormal but MRI was normal. A lesion appeared on my MRI in 2006. DX changed Transverse Myelitis w/possible MS because I continued to worsen. Later MRI showed brain lesions. DX was changed to MS.

I was not tested for Lyme because they could not access a vein to draw blood (all the IV steroids for Crohn's ate them). Two weeks ago they were able to get a vein using a handheld sonogram. They went ahead and tested for Lyme disease. It came back positive.

She feels that I have an extreme chronic case. I am starting the oral antibiotics and after a few weeks we will do IV antibiotics.

I am confused but excited that I do not have MS.

What can I expect after treatment?
Can I have hope that life will return to normal?

Thank you and I am looking forward to getting to know the board members.
GIGI69 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote