View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 05:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Michelle,

Talk with the pharmacy manager. I got the same story from the pharmacist, but I was going to be coming in at the same time every month for the same amount (15), so there was no reason for them not to order them just before I came in. The old pharmacy manager (fired) gave me such a hard time about it that I called her boss (district manager) and he straightened it all out. The new guy is an absolute gem, even making sure to have the correct brand in for me, since there's now multiple generic forms of the patch.

If it's a "mom-and-pop" type place, they're usually alot better about making sure things are in stock, versus the big chain pharmacies. Just be assertive if you have to. But there really is no reason for them not to have the medication in stock, even their anti-theft policies don't apply, if there's a customer coming in within 72hrs for the medication (at least, that's the case for CVS).

Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery. My dad broke his leg a couple of years back the same way, pretty low on the leg (they acutally ended up fusing part of his ankle, as well as pins and plating on the tibia and fibula). After about 2 weeks, he was doing much better getting around with the walker and the pain was significantly reduced. Take care of yourself.

Theresa
Tbackpain1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote