View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 05:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation "The Bipolar Handbook" & "Horror Movie Hallucinations"

First, who has read "The Bipolar Handbook" by Wes. Burgess, M.D., Ph.D? If you haven't gotten it, I reccomend you do. Its a GREAT book in Q&A format. This next part is kinda graphic tho so read at your own discression.

I was just reading through it again and came across a question that referrs to "horror movie halucinations". I had this 2 1/2 years ago and my psych. (not the one I'm having now) told me I was just stressed!!! She gave me celexa and that's it. What it was was I'd have vivid visions of maiming people- tearing out their spines, blood, banging their heads on the ground. The book says it is as if these things are superimposed on what we see as real life- I would agree. But I also felt very scared and dysphoric with the world because these "movies" played all of their own and I could not stop them. It was not a hallucination exactly, but like walking through a world where I and/or others were tearing, beating, choking each other extremely vividly. My god... and my PSYCH. didn't diagnose me at bipolar back then when I was scared I was going insane!!!! Similar things happened with my kids and crushing their skulls with my bare hands when my now-5-year-old was a newborn.

Last edited by Nathan1097; 10-13-2006 at 08:28 AM.