View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 01:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default me too

I hope I'm doing this right first time on anything like this . I have been dealing with the same problem for 8 years . i was on pain pills the whole 8 years. I also went and still do go to pain management they can give you steroid shots and they can do a procedure calle gangelion root radiofrecuncy howerver spelt these may relieve some discomfort I had 3 emergency surgeries and I would not go that route there is a new procedure that they do in cal. which is 30,000 but Tri care doesn't cover it but it is suppose to have a 87% cure rate I wanted to do it but we just retired military and don't have that kind of money. they go in and use a lazer. look under spine institute under google. Do watch out at the pain Dr some just put you on methadone or higher the new drug subutex for the pain, not for drug addiction if I can go into this a lot more indepth and tell you what tri care has coveredand what they don't (even being active duty.) I can also tell you look up everything you can before surgery and if you do have surgery go to the Mayo Clinic they are the best and they take Tri Care. you know what I am saying as a medic. I don't want to dish an military hospitals but come on after 22 years we know they aren't the best. I hope I could help oh do you still have feeling down your legs or any numbness down you legs or buttux if so and they want you on Lyrica it is a new drug and I was on it for 8 years also it has left some horrible side effects I would go for norontin but only you can decide I trusted my Dr and didn't look up anything now I do. .
also call around and see if the table alinment might help some say yes some say no. also go to weilabs.com and call them and tell them your problem they have some natural stuff they garentee ypu get all your money back . try accupunture I wish I did before having surgery but no choice what I'm tring to say surgery will probably make it wores and they will not tell you that but pain Dr's will. and I live with pain everyday it goes to a 10 and my life went from very active to stationary and I don't wish that on anyone. MILD NEURAL FORAMINAL STENOSIS AT L4-5 AND L5-S1
MILD DEGENERATIVE DISC DISEASE WITH POSTERIOR PROTRUSIONS (APPROX 2-3MM) AT L4-5 AND L5-S1.

What TX (treatment) should I push for? What should I expect? All my main doctor has done is just dope me up on pain medications. I go to a military orthopedic surgeon next month for an evaluation of a permanent physical profile (An Army document saying you are broken, and limits the exact duties you can perform). I am getting sick and tired of just taking pain meds daily for this, and need to get some ideas on how to pursue this..[/QUOTE]
Barbara Currie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote