View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 01:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused crown lengthining and dental problems

Hi Ive been looking over this site for a few days now and was hoping maybe bryanna could answer some of the questions I have.

First of all I have MS I dont know if that has any risks were dental work is concerned Ive never had a dentist say it did.
Basically the left teeth on the top and bottom all need to be fixed with crowns on all root canals on some and crown lengthining on 2. They werent hurting until I had a tooth pulled 1 week ago now the left side of my mouth is constantly uncomfortable so I dont know if some damage was done when the tooth was taken (far back bottom left difficult extraction) or if their just all starting to act up now.

From what Ive been reading about root canals Im now concerned about getting one since it seem not to be the fix I thought it would be and am now concidering pulling the teeth that need the root canals and crown lengthining because the crown lengthining procedure seems scary too.

I feel so confused and dont know what to do but Im afraid to let these teeth sit and not do anything ( I dont want them to get abscessed and kill me as I have read about) I have an apt. for the root canal scheduled but would it just be a waste of money to do that since root canal from the sounds of it only delay the problems and the tooth eventually needs to come out anyway. or am I just not understanding correctly

And any insite on crown lengthining would be grately appriciated is it more painfull than extraction?

thanks
Davida
veeds is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote