Old 03-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSacorn View Post
Erin
You sure have had some doozy dentists. I'm glad you've found such a terrific one.

I hope you've already talked to shared solutions today. So, what did they say?

I called SS today, and they're sending me out 5 new needles (that's what I had left of that box) and they reported the dull ones to their quality control or whatever they call it. The company that sends out the replacement needles (different than the one I normally get them from) will be calling me to set up the shipment and to make sure they've got all the right address info.

The nurse I talked to told me about these little syringe "clips" that you can put on the syringes if you do manual shots, that makes them easier to shoot up with. Wider space to hold onto when you're pushing on the plunger, so I'm getting a few of those shipped to me too.

The nurse seemed impressed that I was doing manual shots. I told her that I think the reason why the autoject shots were so painful lately is because the needles in my most recent box were dull. Which is why I switched over to manual.

She also told me that if I'm doing a shot in my thigh and they're painful, that I can hold the needle at a 45 degree angle to do those shots so that I dont hit a muscle. I might try that tonight, since most of my itchy painful sites feel like they're healing on the thighs now.

I also kvetched about the drippy needles. I dont like the medicine dripping out of the needle before I can shoot up with it.

At least SS will listen and will send you out new shots and fun little accessories for the needles. I cant wait to see how the little syringe clips work.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MSacorn (03-27-2008), the Bird (03-27-2008)