View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 04:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenarmijo View Post
I got MRI results back Friday morning- there is a 6mm spot in my brain that is possibly an aneurysm. I go this coming Thursday (4 days from now) for a more specific MRI to determine for sure if that's what it is.

Am I in danger in the meantime? I mean, obviously if it IS an aneurysm, there is danger... But how much? Should I avoid things like sex or exercise? I can't find anything on the internet about the waiting time in between!

I might mention I'm a professional worrier.

Thanks.
Hi! I was diagnosed with a 1 cm anneurysm six years ago. The doctor told me that I had about a 1-2% chance of rupture during the next year. He gave me the option to wait or have surgery. I decided on surgery but had planned a two week trip to Washington DC with my mother-in-law. The surgeon told me to go and have fun. I did and two months later had it clipped. There was no way that I was going to "wait and see" and not have surgery. My surgeon also told me that I could have had the annie a long time and nothing had happened. Be thankful that it's been found!!! Go out and do something fun!!! The waiting seems to be the hardest thing to do.
Make up a list of questions that you have before your dr. visit and make sure you are comfortable with his/her answers. Try to relax as much as you can.
My prayers are with you. Katie
KatieG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote