View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 07:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arualshell View Post
I have a herniated disc at C4-5 that is pressing on the nerve and a few more herniations that aren't causing me pain. I've also been told that I may have bone spurs.

I met with an orthopaedic surgeon today and he wants to do ACDF. He made it sound like it wouldn't be a big deal, but after reading posts and learning about the surgery, I don't think I want to do it.

I've tried the cortisone shots, physical therapy and pain meds (still on them) but nothing worked long-term Also, I've had to quit my job because of the pain.

If you've had this surgery, can you please tell me if it was worth it?

Thanks
Personally my surgery didnt go well, but others have had better luck, do some research on your surgeon, ask him for refrences ask other surgeons for them too. They may try to give you attitude but its better to know there sucess rate, number of surgerys and years of practice before you let them do something that cant be undone. Whether or not you should get it....well that will always be your call. Weigh the options and diff possible outcomes if you cant talk yourself into or out of it then you dont know enough to go either way, just keep researching it and ask diff doc's thats the best advice anyone can give you.

Ross
rangerkeim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote