View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 05:56 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb Mark...

You know, long term use of opiates for pain, suppresses the pituitary axis, and reduces testosterone in men? Doctors can test you and if you are lower than you should be in this hormone there are gels and patches to use to restore you to a normal level.

This might help you. Also males need testosterone to keep their bones healthy.

Also there are studies showing supplementing B12 helps with insomnia.
I used it for that purpose myself, when I was having problems with menopause.

Low B12 levels create a brain fog type cognitive problem, and if you are over 40-50yrs old, national recommendations are to supplement this anyway!

I suggest methylB12 since this is the bioactive version. Cyanocobalamin is an artificial version that some people cannot convert to active form.
You can have blood tests for this too. Anything lower than 500 should be supplemented (Japanese levels). In US there is still misunderstanding as to what consititutes good B12 levels. Some doctors think 200 is good, and it is not.

Start with one of these once a day on an empty stomach:
http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=117

and see if you respond within a month. If you do, continue for 2 more months and then reduce to this one:
http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=129
for maintenance 1mg (1000mcg)

That dose of Lyrica can be sedating too. There is no information yet as to
any nutrient losses with this drug.

Good luck.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote