View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 12:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diaba View Post
Hi everyone, just a small grumble for the morning. I'm driving 1 1/2 hours each way to visit my family today. I'm looking forward to it, but am also concerned about having enough energy to drive, as well as visit(who knew talking and listening could be so exhausting).

MY BF suggested I stop by and visit another friend while I'm there. I know it's an innocent statement, but it just shows me he really doesn't get how tiring things are for me. Even the 1 visit will take me all day tomorrow to recover from. Anyway, thanks for listening, needed to tell someone who would understand. Thanks...

Diana
I'm sorry you're having trouble getting your bf to understand.

Fatigue is my worst enemy. I can be running full speed, wide awake then all of a sudden nothing wants to work and I can't stay awake. Luckily I have an understanding dh who encourages me to be sure to rest and not over do it. But even so I take advantage of situations sometimes to remind him what my fatigue is like.

Like when he had the flu and was complaining about aching and feeling so worn out and tired, instead of saying I understand I told him to multiply that feeling by at least 10 and deal with it on a daily basis. To be ready for it to come out of the blue and knock you down then we'll talk about it. lol That made him stop and realize just what I go through.

Susan

Dx'd RRMS July 2007

suzyqz_2007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote