View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 12:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket52 View Post
Been there done that too - it's a breeze.

90% of the test is attitude. Since the nurses do this for a living they are good at it. You will have a catheter inserted into your urethra and one in your rectum. If you relax it is totally painless. They will put saline in your bladder and you will be asked to void on a toilet-like chair.

If you are self-conscious then it is not a fun test because it's all about you. If you figure out that you are the third or tenth patient of the day or the 25th patient that week and it's no big deal because everyone who has the test goes through the same thing then you will be fine.

I was 3 minutes into my test when the nurses asked if I had MS. While they can't give you the results, they might give you a clue if you ask.

BTW - I do not have a dx of MS - just the symptoms.

Life is what you make it - as tests go this one is painless and easy. Treatment for retention or incontience will make your quality of life better, hence the testing.

Good luck!
I'm sorry but a catheter inserted into your urethra and one in your rectum doesn't sound like a breeze to me!

I've never had this test done but I agree with what you said about attitude. I used to be so concerned about how I looked or who was watching me that I would make any test I was having 10 times worse than need be. What gets me through tests that might seem embarrassing is that I keep telling myself hey I'm the best looking patient they've seen all day! Wait til they get a load of the the next one! I know twisted thinking but it works for me!

btw...good luck with the tests tkrik I'll say a prayer that it will go well.

Dx'd RRMS July 2007

suzyqz_2007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
sugarboo (04-09-2008), tkrik (03-28-2008)