View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 03:31 PM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Heart

I agree. It's only fun in movies when you have a choice in how it will end - or when it has nothing to do with your life. It's only fun in history books, when you can leave out all the horror and declare yourself the good guy because you had the biggest gun.

I have to sit here in this dark room/house day after day. At least once a day I hear a military helicopter or airplane fly overhead - makes my house rumble. For me, it's the 60s all over again.

There is also a dramatic increase in the despair of Viet Nam vets watching history repeating itself. Several years ago, I innocently thanked my Viet Nam vet friend on Veterans Day for his service. I had never done that before (mentioned Viet Nam), but figured it would be the right thing to do after all these years. I learned the hard way not to ever do that again. He said he's still lost in the jungle - he never came home. What followed was sheer horror for him.

My friend is fighting for his life right now (cancer). He doesn't want to die because his parents are old and they still need him. He's trying his best to remain stable emotionally, but that DARN military helicopter or airplane flies over his home every day too. He can't watch TV without being reminded of war. He can't help but wonder what was the point of the sacrifice he made to this country.

I pray my heart out for our new batch of soldiers who are losing their lives to this war. I also pray for those who lost their arms, legs, and brains. I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe these "happy" wounded soldier stories. The stories show them moving around on one leg, as if they don't even miss their limbs - because they can go sledding or play basketball in a wheelchair now. The stories gloat over how well they can get around without any arms - as if they didn't need them. It's different for those with injured brains - they just get locked up or shot down by the people they were supposedly protecting.

I'm INFURIATED when I see politicians talk about the campaign for presidency as a fun game to the finish. The survival of this country is at risk - our lives are at risk. I'm INFURIATED when politicians refer to the war as a simple chess strategy or a chance to play "cowboys and Indians" with brown people who are suffering more pain than we could ever imagine. They are playing with our lives - both here and abroad.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (03-29-2008)