View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 08:57 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Sheena,

Sorry your are feeling so bad! I understand about being scared. I think alot of us are. Tomorrow is my one year anniversary from being diagnosed (March 29th). I also did not have any symptoms except a little numbness on one foot which was attributed to a pinched nerve. On my first MRI they discovered several lesions and I also have one on/in my spinal cord. I only am telling you this because my neuro has not suggested my MS is severe at this point even though I have several problems.

I think Keri included alot of important information. If you are sick and on antibiotics it can cause a pseudo flare. You also cannot expect to feel immediately better after your first tysabri infusion. You can also be on steriods while on tysabri although I doubt if most neuro will prescribe them on a regular basis.

As far as being out of a relaspe I really cannot answer that one. I do know now that being in remission does not mean that all of your symptoms disappear. You may have to deal with residual symptoms and some may go away and them come back.

Also tysabri is generally only prescribed for remitting relasping MS so I am also confused about the severity of your MS.

I hope you called your neuro today. If not you should call them first thing on Monday so you can get an appointment.

Barb
barb02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote