View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 01:09 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarExpress View Post
So sorry you're feeling bad..I had to re-read your post a couple times, though..Couldn't quite figure out how we went from dentist pain to your regular doctor for antibiotics & an appointment to check on you tailbone..LOL..I should NEVER try figuring out anything over one sentence long after midnight..
I hope you're feeling a LOT better very soon!

yeah, I wasnt very clear earlier...wasnt feeling all that great.

There is actually no dental pain, well, not in the teeth that were fixed. The next batch of teeth to get fixed occasionally fire up and bug me, but that's not what I was talking about earlier.

When the dentist drilled into the teeth she fixed the other day, there was some infection inside the teeth (ewww) and I think a little of it escaped out of my tooth and into my system. Which I think is what's been making me feel a little bit sick, and is why I got some antibiotics from the dentist.

My neuro wanted me to get checked out by my regular doctor because of the possibility that the gook from my dental work might have made me sick, but the nurse was being a putz and wouldnt let me make an appointment till monday. Which I may cancel, because I have a theory on why my foot is numb.

The reason why I was going to have to have my tailbone examined is because after I fell in January and messed up my knee, I was sitting down a lot, and when you sit for a long time on a surface like a matress instead of a chair, you can irritate your coccyx (tailbone), and I've been having coccydynia (pain in the tailbone) since January, and I mentioned it to the neuro today, he thought maybe the numbness in my foot was coming from that.

My theory that I just came up with about 5 minutes ago about why my foot is numb is this. One of the side effects of Baclofen is numbness in the hands and feet. I've had a prescription for Baclofen for months, but hadnt been taking it regularly until about a week and a half ago. The numbness had started about 3 to 5 days ago, and got worse on the day I had my dentist visit. I'm wondering if the Baclofen is what is causing it, and it might also be causing some of my insomnia. (I've been taking it at night)

I havent been taking the Baclofen full strenght, but I have a lot of atypical and strong reactions to some medications, so I'm wondering if this could be one of those. So, I'm going to try to not take the Baclofen for a few days and see if my foot wakes up.

I've also been taking Trazodone for insomnia, and one of the side effects of that is numbness in the hands and feet. (geeze, stupid side effects are worse than what I'm taking the drugs for!)

And both drugs also have another side effect that I'm having a problem with, and we'll just say it's a side effect best kept private, but involves the potty.

Hopefully the numb foot is a side effect and not the result of MS Trolls messing with my nerves and dermatones. (a dermatone is the area of skin supplied with afferent nerve fibers by a single posterior spinal root)

The area where I feel numb looks like it's at about the S1 level of the spine on a dermatone diagram, and the numbness follows about the same path as the dermatone on the diagram shows. It goes from about the tailbone, down my hip, down the outside of the right of my right leg, and down into my foot.

It's weird, the numbness in my upper leg is not as strong as the numbness on the outside of my right foot. (I've had thigh numbness since all the numb carp started 2yrs ago, so that numbness may be old numbness from a few years ago) The outside of the right foot corresponds on the diagram to the S1 area. The rest of the leg goes to various places in the lumbar area. I think there's some merit to this theory, so if I keep my doctor's appointment on monday, I'll be asking about it.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote