View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 03:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmillerpony View Post
that is the exact problem my 22mo daughter is having. It is all through g-tube but is staying undigested. When I tell the Dr. this he says that because she does great with breast milk or formula that it can't be her being allergic to the pediasure. She is covered in mucus and throws up can't take bolus feedings with the ped but formula she she clears up and is well and developes. We have been going through this for over 6mo were at times she was so sick i thought she was going to die. I have only connected this in the last 2 weeks although i told the dr. i thought this was a posability over 6mo ago. do you have any ideas i know someone her age needs more noutritionally than formula. can you tell me what was finally done for you. sorry about the rambling i am so excited to see my daughter well and need to know how to get the dr. to believe this IS the problem. I haven't seen her smile or laugh in so long till now and i just want it to keep going.
PLEASE give me any info you can we see him on friday

Hi,

As far as I remember, they just kept trying different feeds until they found one that worked (not very scientific, I know). However, two of my siblings have tested as having food allergies (to the same foods). I may also have been having motility and/or medication issues at the time...it can be complicated.

Good luck!
swift is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote