View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 08:29 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi, Sheena.

With MS it is common for many to deal with symptoms, it's just part of the disease. Remission doesn't always mean your symptoms go away. Some of the symptoms will go away completely, some decrease in intensity, some never go away and some go completely.

This happens rather your using a DMD or not or even if you use steroids or not. These drugs are not miracles. they work for some but not for others. Living with MS is about adapting.

If you get a cold, flu or infection your MS symptoms will increase, temporarily until the cold, flu, virus or infection is gone.

Sheena, I am not trying to be mean, nor minimize what you are experiencing but what what you call a bad attack could be considered quite mild to many of us.

An attack for me - the almost complete inability to walk. Numb from the waist down. Extreme pain - I cry tring to put socks and shoes on, if I can even get my shoes on over my swollen feet. Anything touching any part of my skin brings tears to my eyes because it cause extreme pain - clothes, sheets, and water. What I really hate is my husbands inability to hug me or offer a comforting touch because the pain is too extreme. It hurts to walk with or without shoes and getting from one area of the house to another takes a long time with tears because of the pain and weakness.

Then, finally after a couple of months I usually start to see some improvement but I have a long road ahead. I now need to start all over again to try and regain my mobility. Trying very short distances, maybe from the house to the mailbox (being outside and feeling the sun feels soooo good) but then I get back to the house and sit down to cry - I'm exhausted, weak, my legs are vibrating/buzzing like crazy and I need to sleep.

My experince with this disease can also be mild to what someone else experiences.

I have some permanent symptoms - L'Hermittes, decreased sensation in my feet yet they are hyper-sensitive, vibrations/buzzing and leg weakness - if I didn't have the stiffness I would not be able to walk without a mobility aid.

There are many here who believe very strongly in tysabri and some have had wonderful results but there are others who have found themselves worse than when they started the drug.
lady_express_44 (03-29-2008)