View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 06:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Pono

Hi Pono Looks like you have a lot of the same symptoms on your list as I have on mine.

One thing I did with my list is I took the time to write up my own assessment of the symptoms I'm dealing with and a list of sub categories under each major symptom witch is 3 pages. This has help me a great deal when talking to Dr's. and others. I just hand them the assessment and let them read it. Presenting information in this way sames me a great deal of time and stress.

Example: I suffer from migraine headaches and have to use IMITREX to manage these headache and I may have to the rest of my life that's OK.

What I've seen in my assessment on migraines is that stress is one of the contributing factors in causing the migraines, so I try to manage the stress weather the stress is internal or external. I simply have to manage stress differently then I did before I was in juried.

2. I use 3x5 note cards to write thing down on this has helped a great deal and I use it for short term memory issues and problem solving. If I have a problem I write it down on a 3x5 card and let my sub conscious mind work on it.

3. I use KAIZEN:1. Think small thoughts 2. Solve small problems 3. Ask small questions 4. Take small actions.

4. It took me 3.5 years to work through the block that I am disabled and the person I was before the TBI may not be coming back. That person has not come back to date so I spend my time and mental energy of learning to live life the way I am today,and today that is OK because I have peace.

5. Learning to manage life differently.

Good to see you writing Pono it helps, and it helps to write about what's happening with people who suffer from TBI/PCS.

Take Care Jeff

Lynlee little back box now that sounds like a good Idea, kind of like meditation I know what you mean about the noise and light issues. The noise still freak me out when I get to tried or over do it. Good to read your losing some weight that cool.

Lynlee have you done anymore research on FLYING ?

Take Care Jeffn
jeffn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MargN (03-30-2008)