View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 07:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by braingonebad View Post
I'm sorry for the Shanks. It's a horrible situation.

but that's the way it goes. Stinks to be Wal Mart - they look like bad guys, but you know it would be the same no matter who was in their shoes. This is how insurance works.

Every time I go for tests I am asked - I get a letter from my ins within days - if there is somebody I am in the process of sueing over my injury. If I can get worker's comp or can sue anyone else, my ins wants to be reimbursed.

It is not just Wal Mart.

No insurance company is going to pay for anything that somebidy else is already paying for, and this is the case for the Shanks.

Sorry Brain, but I have to respectfully disagree. It doesn't stink to be Walmart and they don't just look like the bad guys, they are the bad guys. Just one more item to add to my list of reasons why I don't like to shop at Walmart.

I received a settlement about 10 years ago for a car accident. My health insurance never asked for their money back for any treatment I had received due to the accident.

The settlement, according to the article, was for her continuing care, to cover her future lost earnings etc. Why couldn't Walmart make a generous donation of, oh say $500,000 to the family (anonymously) for her continuing care? That will never happen of course.

Walmart could easily afford to offer better healthcare coverage for their employees. A plan that doesn't include this type of "small print".

This is a very sorry state of affairs. People will continue to shop at Walmart regardless of how they treat their employees. So many people just don't understand that until the general population takes a stand and stops spending money at places like Walmart nothing will change.

I know how much cheaper it is to shop there, but we all pay some sort of price in the end just to save a few bucks in the short term.

Jodylee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (03-30-2008), sugarboo (03-29-2008)