View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Ni my friend, Bizi
We have such huge hearts, but I think at times our souls use avoidance to protect ourselves. If LEslie was going to do harm she would have by now with the stress of the arrangements, emptiness, overwhelming grief. Maybe in a way she is reacting her teenage years.....Free spirted, and has to relears socialization as Harry maybe was the person that softened her edges.

It sounds like your avoidance did not harm her at ll if she says she is getting along and has activities. The worse thing would ahve been for your Husband to become her replacement Harry.

I will keep her in my prayers, we all can pray for her new life to open her sould to the life she has that is different then the one past, but can be a ray of sun on her face and showers of joy in her heart.

Bizi, I wish I could learn to do this, but sometime back in a grief group it was on a tape:
Put your hands cupped out in front of you, close your eyes and take all the concerns from the ehart and let them fall into your hands. When they are in there then lift them up and into the heavens let them go. God will do the rest.

There are things I choose not to let go.....But I do allow myself minimal time to hold in clenshed hands. God just has his hands wrapped around mine in comfort....

Don;t feel guilt over avoidance, She will be fine, she sounds like a survivor, and will rebulid....maybe she wull find a man and have that RV fever back again soon.
Hugs to you, your heart is so HUGE, So much so I can feel your hugs and love,
di

Pocono area, PA

"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (03-30-2008), bizi (03-29-2008)