Thread: so, so tired
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default so, so tired

I have just really been tired lately. I have gotten a little hint about how it will be like when my husband retires in 4 years. We don't argue as long as he is at work and I am home, but he is on vacation this week. So it has been a little stormy around here.

His Mom has been sick and I think I love her more than he does. But what with all the doctor visits, then xrays and then last night taking her to the hospital, I am just exhausted. Physically and emotionally. Today we had the upper GI scoped and tomorrow it will be the lower. So that means more mental stress. She lives in a nursing home way on the other side of town so it has taken a tole on us.

My feet are just killing me. I really think that might be part of my fatigue. On top of all that, my youngest has bought a starter home and we have been helping her move in, her lease on their apartment runs out end of month. Her husband comes home from Iraq in about 10 days. Then my other daughter is toward the very end of her high risk pregnancy. My Mom has had a lot of dizzy spells and problems with B/P since her pacemaker put in a month ago. Then my sister is being tested for Inflammatory breast cancer. So my plate is full and overflowing.

So tomorrow I am taking the day off. I have had this day tip planned with my little group we call 'the old nurses group'. We are going to travel the back roads of southern Indiana. It will take us from Evansville over to Louisville over some very interesting and colorful territory. And we will laugh all the way. We might even have to stop and browse through some old antique stores along the way. I hope when I come home tomorrow evening I will love my husband a little more than I do today! Sorry for the long whine.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote