View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 10:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

http://www.clevelandclinic.org/healt...asp?index=4417

Well, I looked a little on my own, too and answered my own question...According to this site a trigger point injection is a type of nerve block.

My understanding with the Botox is that it will relax the muscles longish term. Dr Jordan does both the scalenes and the pec minor and I think one more that i am forgetting. I am then supposed to be able to stretch and do more effective physical therapy resulting in a long term improvement. He said most people do not even require a second injection as long as they regulate the activities that cause them trouble. If they don't, then they often have to come back.

I am interested to see how it goes...because I am not in a lot of pain all the time unless I am doing something to aggravate it. So, if I work on the computer too long, my arm hurts. If I lift the kids too much, sit with my head drooping, carry to heavy of a bag, etc, my arms and my neck and shoulders hurt. But If I sit all day on the couch and watch TV (and the kids go to daycare) I usually feel just fine. I don't really take meds regularly, because I am still nursing my youngest, Just occaisional advil when it is really bad. (Except for the last two weeks I have been taking percocet at night because of the pain from the initial nerve block test procedure)

Anyhow, I really appreciate hearing others' stories. Thanks.

Johanna
johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote