Thread: Mtv
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 11:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Vicky.

I haven't seen the MTV show, but have watched both an HBOFamily program and also a MedicalMysteries program running last month. Both were nicely done. The HBOFamily show is mostly about school-aged children speaking for themselves. It would be great to tape and share with teachers, I think. The other one highlights an adult with severe TS and his decision to undergo the brain surgery. I'll be on the lookout for the MTV show.

I think it's interesting that Scott compared himself...because Luke did too. Unfortunately, Luke felt his tics were more severe than the man undergoing brain surgery. We realize there is more than can be captured on a tv show, but I think Luke's right....his were worse. But, he sure doesn't want to do brain surgery!

We have also found a "vocal tic museum" interesting on http://www.lifesatwitch.com/. A few sound just like some of Luke's and my husband's milder tics! This could be helpful for teachers too.

I guess it's is natural to be curious and compare the tics in others. I'm just glad there are some tasteful shows and websites out there these days spreading the message of TS. Luke said himself the other day that lots more people seem to know about TS now compared to his early diagnosis about 10 years ago. And he said that he couldn't imagine having it a hundred years ago.

Anyway, nice to meet you Vicky.
Cheryl
Luke's Mom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote