View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 11:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I used an OSS for a three level cervical fusion of C4/5, 5/6, 6/7. I have no regrets about this surgery. This was a 360 fusion with an incision in the back and one in the front. I have rods and screws in the back and screws and a plate in the front. I have no regrets about this surgery and would not hesitate to do it again. I wore a Philly collar for six weeks after the surgery and then a soft collar for a long time. My ROM is not bad...I do drive, but carefully...use my mirrors more now....

Surgery is a personal thing...You have to decide how much pain you can deal with both before and after. What your quality of life is like now...I was having a lot of nerve damage...pain down my arms...nerve pain that was not going to go away...numb fingers, dropping things, etc....

If you only have a frontal incision; this is not a bad surgery...If you need to have the 360; it is very painful...not going to lie to you....but you get through it...It is not for a life time; It is a few weeks...then you feel better...

I used a NSS for my lumbar laminectomy and would never use one again...I chose an OSS for my other surgeries...They seem to have more compassion for their patients...but that is just my opinion....

8/17/05 - Cervical Fusion - C4-5, 5-6, 6-7 - Anterior and Posterior Fusion with plate in front and rods and screws in the rear - Corpectomy at C-4 and C-5 and microdisectomy at C6-7.

1/4/05 - Lumbar Laminectomy -L3, L4, L5, S1, S2 Obliteration of Tarlov Cyst at S2. Failed surgery!

Last edited by GJZH; 03-30-2008 at 10:28 PM.
GJZH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote