Thread: Steroid shots
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 11:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had conscious sedation during mine (C-Spine, T-Spine and L-Spine). Thanks to Versed, I remember barely a thing. One time, during one procedure, I do recall having said, "Ouch! That hurts." But, I was outta it so fast after saying that.

I would make sure that the doc doing the procedure uses live-guided x-ray (C-Arm or fluoroscope). If not, it would be akin to just blindfolding me and letting me take a hit-and-miss approach on your body - with or without a medical license. That is the truth, as others also know. Not using fluoroscope has been quite barbaric for some (and they stated so at OBT).

Go in well-informed of what the procedure and recovery entails. (But, given that you're going in tomorrow, the timing limits the input you may receive prior ). Please do read over the "fine print" very closely. From what I know, doctors do detail of the possible risks (minimal for most, generally speaking) and of the recovery duration - which can range from just a few hours to a couple weeks.

Because some do not read the pre-op info., they don't understand that the injections are not a magical or quick cure-all.

I've always followed the pre- and post-op instructions to a "T" and have not had any long-lasting probs.

I've never had any major complications following ESIs. Others, a bunch. It all depends on whom you ask and also how the procedure is done. Hit-and-miss approach, heck, I would not do. With the instrumentation that docs have these days, there is no reason that doctors should not be using live x-ray technology .

Just take it easy afterward, and let your body tell you how you feel.
Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
sugarboo (03-15-2008)