View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 12:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

((((((N)))))),

I wish you could have come with me Monday. I went to Nantasket Beach to squeeze out one last day of sunshine and sand and ocean.

I got a tiny bit of sunburn on my face. It was so WONDERFUL to smell the ocean, to feel the sand between my toes. I DID find out that I should take my snow stick with me when I stand in the surf -- my balance is horrendous. Plus, the water was cold. I turned around to make sure no one was futzing with my belly bag or my scooter and this humongous wave can and got me right in the butt. It was COLD

They allow the dogs on the beach after the end of September. I was thinking of you when I saw two of the dogs. There were two guys (not together) with their dogs. One younger man had a poodle dog that liked to chase his special ball. The older man had a collie -- that was part cashew

The young man threw the ball to the poodle. Poodle dog retrieved the ball and ran it back to his owner. Next time, though, the hulking cashew of a collie dog grabbed the ball and ran into the ocean with it.

You should have seen the look on the poodle dog's face. Like: who ARE you?? why are you STEALING my ball?? and what the heck is WRONG with you??

That look was so precious. I was wishing I had remembered my camera. I would have sent you a copy.

You know, I've got too much experience in just about EVERYTHING Just to remind you, the first year after a divorce is the hardest. You remember the things that you did together and miss the 'togetherness'. Halloween is pretty darn special all by itself -- it's my favorite holiday. It's also the month that my Brother offed himself in.

It took be a long time to take back ownership of Halloween. That's what you need to do, sugar. Take back ownership of the things that are special to you.

You've got a lot of people that care about you and love you and are routing for you. Don't throw yourself down the bottom of the pit -- he's not worth it.

BIG HUGS (and love).

Barb