View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 12:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Chickpea Flatbread recipe

Here's a recipe for Chickpea Flatbread that we've been enjoying a lot at my house:

Mix 1/2 cup of chickpea flour, 1/2 cup of water, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. (The cookbook says to stir the water into the flour little by little. I've been doing that, but I'm not sure it's necessary.) Wipe or spray a tiny amount of oil onto a 10 inch frying pan (mine is nonstick; non-nonstick might need more oil). Heat the frying pan for a few minutes, then pour in the batter and tilt the pan around to make a big circle. Then let it cook for 4-5 minutes on one side, flip it, and cook it for another 4-5 minutes on the other side. I've been cutting them into eighths like slices of a pie, then using the still warm pieces as wrappers for hummus or egg salad. Very yummy! These seem to reheat well in the microwave, too.

The original recipe said to also take 1/4 teaspoon of oregano and crumble it into a powder, ditto for 1/4 teaspoon of basil, and add 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, and add that to the chickpea flour at the beginning. I did that for the first few of these, but then we decided that we like them better plain.

I hope that's useful....

-Valerie
valeriemates is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote