Location: Upstate New York in the beautiful Adirondack Mountains
15 yr Member

Location: Upstate New York in the beautiful Adirondack Mountains
15 yr Member
Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallymander View Post
Anyone with experience with this drug?
I've suffered with idiopathic truncal neuropathy for about six months, Dr recommenced Cymbalta but reading about the possible side effect it scares the heck out of me. Seems that some of the side effects can go on months after people discontinue use.
I've tried Lyrica, it did absolutely nothing. Right now I'm on Vicodin and Tramadol and while it does relieve my pain it's taking ever increasing doses.
Thanks for any help, Sally
Sally - I tried Cymbalta on 2 separate occasions. The first time it helped the burning in my feet and hands. However, after a few months, the med stopped being effective and I went back to the Neurontin (Gabapentin). It actually helped me lose some weight.

I tried it again about a year or two later and it did not work at all. I am currently taking Neurontin 300 mg 4 x day. This is what works for me. Oh and never, never quit taking Cymbalta cold turkey (I speak from experience). At the time I stopped, I had a bad sunburn and attributed my nausea and "spinning" feeling to that. I could not hold my head up. Finally I figured out what the problem was and took a Cymbalta and the "spinning" stopped. You have to quit slowly as in most meds. Now I know!

Good luck, Cheryl

Cheryl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote