View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 10:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Painting

Alffe - I have a cute story about shutters. My dad was a mail carrier but with 7 kids, always worked a 2nd job. He started his own family run painting business when I was a teen. The 3 brothers closest to my age, therefore, had built in jobs while I had to find my jobs and that stuck in my stubborn craw. So, after a day of hounding my father, he agreed to let me paint but I had to start from the bottom like the boys did so I could learn. I agreed. So I show up on Saturday morning in my painter's whites including my, "Harry's Painting" shirt ready to go. Dad led me into the garage and pointed to the biggest stack of shutters I have ever seen. I scraped and sanded until my fingers were raw and after the 2nd day, I quit. I never even painted one drop! LOL Years later when I got my first house, I got my lessons and Dad and I worked together painting every room.

I wish my body would allow me to get on a ladder and paint or even do shutters!! But, right now that's not in the cards so I can enjoy watching instead. Good luck on all your projects, Alffe. I bet you are very good at them.

Billie - What is the name of the program you have now for protecting your computer? I feel really bad for Bizi!

Froggie - So sorry about your neighbor. You are so right, one never knows what is in store for us each day. I really try to enjoy every day and give smiles to those who pass by me. I can be kind of a smart aleck so I have to work on that - I need to be kinder to everyone. It's always good to have goals, I say.

Have a good day, all!
Nancy