Thread: Cymbalta?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 12:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallymander View Post
Anyone with experience with this drug?
I've suffered with idiopathic truncal neuropathy for about six months, Dr recommenced Cymbalta but reading about the possible side effect it scares the heck out of me. Seems that some of the side effects can go on months after people discontinue use.
I've tried Lyrica, it did absolutely nothing. Right now I'm on Vicodin and Tramadol and while it does relieve my pain it's taking ever increasing doses.
Thanks for any help, Sally
Sallymander,

I take 60 mg of Cymbalta a day. Along with Neurontin, Lyrica, and Tramadol twice per day only as needed. The Cymbalta works well for me and I have been taking it for two years. Of course it is different for everyone. In the next week I will be weaning off Neurontin and increasing my Lyrica and Tramadol and adding Topamax for weight loss. The combo of Neurontin and Lyrica caused a weight gain of 50 pounds - yucks I know.

Fortunately, I am one of those people who functions well and one would never know I am ill. I have a good job and a family that keeps me hopping. I have SFN and do experience severe pain if unmedicated in my hips and thighs. I also have a B12 deficiency.

Anyhow, the moral of this story is that no drug works the same for each of us. Weigh the pros and cons and make the best decision for you.

Take care and let us know how it goes.

Laurie
Laurie43 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote