View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 02:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by color View Post
Thanks to both of you for sharing, Greta and Cherie. Actually, would you mind sharing a little more with me -- that is, how were each of you officially diagnosed with MS, and when?? Also, do either of you take daily injections for your symptoms? Also, do either of you receive Social Security disability? Also, were lesions found on the brain and/or spinal MRI?

Thanks again!

Take care,
Christina
No problem. I was dx'd in 2001. I had headaches that were lasting up to 3 weeks in duration and were starting to hit back to back. I suspected it was a sleep issue, and the neuro agreed but wanted to do an MRI just to make sure there wasn't a brain tumor. No brain tumor but several silent lesions. In 2003, I got a second opinion, another MRI, and an LP. The neuro confirmed MS, but called it infraclinical/subclinical since I hadn't had an exacerbation (only changes were additional silent lesions).

So far it's stayed that way. I started a DMD in 2003 and there have been no changes to my MRI since then. In total, I have about 10 or so lesions on my brain. I have yet to have an exacerbation and have no symptoms or other MS issues like fatigue or heat intolerance. I still work 40 hours/week and have an active life, for which I'm truly thankful.

I take a DMD which requires injections 3x/week. I've never had a spinal MRI - I've only had brain ones. I'm heading in for my annual MRI tomorrow morning. Keeping my fingers crossed that it shows a quiet brain for another year...
greta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote