View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 03:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greta View Post
No problem. I was dx'd in 2001. I had headaches that were lasting up to 3 weeks in duration and were starting to hit back to back. I suspected it was a sleep issue, and the neuro agreed but wanted to do an MRI just to make sure there wasn't a brain tumor. No brain tumor but several silent lesions. In 2003, I got a second opinion, another MRI, and an LP. The neuro confirmed MS, but called it infraclinical/subclinical since I hadn't had an exacerbation (only changes were additional silent lesions).

So far it's stayed that way. I started a DMD in 2003 and there have been no changes to my MRI since then. In total, I have about 10 or so lesions on my brain. I have yet to have an exacerbation and have no symptoms or other MS issues like fatigue or heat intolerance. I still work 40 hours/week and have an active life, for which I'm truly thankful.

I take a DMD which requires injections 3x/week. I've never had a spinal MRI - I've only had brain ones. I'm heading in for my annual MRI tomorrow morning. Keeping my fingers crossed that it shows a quiet brain for another year...
Thanks -- I guess I'm really hung up on my family history, mainly because I have one affected aunt who is convinced that she has MS (from Grandmom), and that my disorder and my brother's were merely passed down through my mother as MS. When I say "affected," this is what I mean re: symptoms: gait difficulty, imbalance, neuropathy, slurred speech, coordination issues (swallowing, fine motor skills, etc.), fatigue, vision...and the list goes on and on with neurologic problems! The real clincher is that as I mentioned before, no one (mother, aunt, brother, myself) has brain lesions -- the only thing they found is cerebellar atrophy. Hmmmm??

Anyway, good luck tomorrow!

Take care,
Christina
color is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote