Thread: Cymbalta?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 04:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Much thanks to all who replied !!!

I've decided to try a larger dosage of Lyrica before taking a chance with Cymbalta.
What bugs me is the possible side effects of Cymbalta aren't just an upset stomach and the like but rather psychological problems. Don't need any of that, haven't been depressed in my life and don't want to start now... When you think about it the fact that some antidepressants lessen PN pain could be called a side effect, pain control wasn't what these drugs were originally designed for. At least the Lyrica wasn't primarily designed as an antidepressant but rather antiepileptic drug. Guess I'll see what happens.
I have little faith that the root cause of my PN will ever be found, Apparently 45% never is.
I'm 57 years old and the first time I've been to a Dr since I was a child was in Jan. Been working on the same bottle of Advil for ten years. Very active with no bad habits except maybe ice cream.
Then the pain came. Started out as what felt like a bad sunburn on my right waistline that moved straight across to the left then up to the lower rib cage, back across to the right. Now it's trying to go across my shoulder blades. After the initial sunburn feeling it changed to pins and needles, that's when I said no more and headed for a doctor. Heavy pressure or touching is fine but wipe the area with a feather and you could knock me over. Clothes or even a blanket rubbing is the worst, if I could I'd become a nudist.
Tons of blood tests and MRIs later and still no answer to the cause of my pain. Certainly doesn't reinforce my trust of the medical field even though the doctors I've seen have been top notch and likable. Guess we don't always know as much as we think we do.
sallymander is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote