Thread: April Fools Day
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 04:40 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My Dad ALWAYS used to get my Mom on April Fools Day. She was so gullible and trusting, especially of him, and he could say things with such a straight face. It was usually something like getting her to look out the window at an alleged deer or partridge.

Well.

One year she decided to even the score once and for all. For several days she watched him get dressed in the morning, carefully noting that he ALWAYS put his right leg in his long underwear first, then his left.

So on March 31st, after he went to sleep, she loosely sewed a net of thread in the upper left leg of his long johns. The next morning, dark and early, he took off his pajamas, put his right leg in his long johns, stood on his right foot and lifted his left leg into his long johns.

His toes got tangled in the threads and not being able to get in or out, he couldn't do anything but hop around on his right foot, all tangled up, wondering what in the WORLD he was doing wrong. My mother nearly smothered herself with her pillow trying to keep him from hearing her laugh until he finally caught on.

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)

Last edited by Blessings2You; 03-31-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Blessings2You is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (03-31-2008), Bannet (03-31-2008), Darlene (04-01-2008), DM (03-31-2008), MelodyL (03-31-2008), weegot5kiz (03-31-2008)