View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 06:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8rgirl View Post
Do you have a place you can hang baskets? There are lots of plants that you can put into hanging baskets that attract butterflies.

Hummingbirds love anything that is red. A hanging basket with petunias would attract them and then you can put a humming bird feeder along side it. Petunias do well in the heat and there are several different kinds that do not require any deadheading. Verbena does well in the heat and looks great in a hanging basket and also attracts the hummers. You can add Licorice vine, Million Bells/Calibrachoa, Ivy geranium, sweet potato vine (green does well in full sun), with different accent plants. Just some ideas for plants that do well in heat.

Have fun!
Thanks! I do have places to hang baskets and I can also set out planters (just can't dig and plant). I found a wonderful hanging petunia....at least that is what the lady told me it was.....(not sure exactly what kind but it was almost trumpet like) but I didin't get it cause she said it needed full sun. Basically anything that will take the heat and maybe 2 hours direct evening sun would be good. I've already killed 2 hanging flower baskets because apparently they weren't able to withstand the heat and sun. I may just give up and get a giant cactus! lol

Thanks again

Dx'd RRMS July 2007

suzyqz_2007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tovaxin_lab_rat (03-31-2008)