View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 07:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

I can't help but chime in here. You've probably seen my posts about my 10-year old son who suffered from PCS for about 10 weeks or so and is now back to his normal life. Thankfully, he has fully recovered and the worst that has happened is that #1 concussion that will hang over his head (and mine) for the rest of his life, or until his next one. I know how lucky we are. As far as I can tell, the nature of his injury, his age, his history of no previous medical issues, and the fact that we aggressively sought out knowledgeable professionals to treat him were all important in the positive outcome for him.

I just want to tell you all to not give up. It's an awful cross to bear, living with a chronic condition such as this. My son's neurosurgeon, Dr. Cantu (Emerson Hospital, MA), told us that more research has been done on the brain in the last 10 years than has been done in the last century. Half the battle is for the scientists to find the answers and the other half is finding the practioners that can apply those answers to your life.

You all are determined, courageous, and inspiring people...just don't forget that!

Sandy
sbosco is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote