View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 11:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Like the movie "Lorenzo's Oil"

I'm new here and was glad to see a stimulating discussion underway. I agree with Bearygood's thoughts that we can all come from different places and have a lot in common to learn from each other about.

The discussion above reminded me of the two varying views among the parents' group in the movie "Lorenzo's Oil" with Susan Sarandon and Nick Nolte which was based on a true story of the main characters' son's illness. It really amazed me to see how the chronicle of their struggles reflected my own family's stuggle with my own, different, illness.

It is a heartwrenching story, but in the end a cure was found by some of the parents and they overcame great difficulty to get their message out to the others who suffered from the same illness in the days before the internet. They saved many lives and improved many more even though there was no "proof" of the cure except that patients were getting better. Open communication in the end was a blessing to thousands. I highly recommend the film and plan to read the book soon.

So here's to more great information sharing and open minds! Go Neurotalk community!

Best wishes for healing,
Anka
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark Hall (04-06-2008), rude (04-01-2008)