View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 10:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemomma View Post
I can relate to your dilema... I did not have the chest pain but the numbness. At first the doctors thought I had carpel tunnel (sp) but no pain. Then I lost my ability to speak and that scared me. I was sent to a neuro and he showed me my MRI with all my white spots. Scared me to death. Most are on my right side and I guess that affects the left. I don't know the technical stuff, but he actually suggested I seek a 2nd opinion, which shocked me. So my husband and I are gathering info. and making appointments.

If you are unsure of your options or what your doctor's are saying, I recommend the same. It won't hurt!
Thanks littlemomma for your response! I wonder how many doctors there are that don't know what the white spots are and why you lost your speech and why I have vertigo and sometimes chest pain? I've looked at a lot of websites re heart and stroke and it seems that no one can explain. I feel comforted to know I'm not the only one! The neurologist said to me he thought I couldn't have experienced what I did because the MRI just showed white dots. The doctor who administered the MRI and did the report thought I did have a stroke though and so, the two of them don't agree! The neurologist couldn't tell me what they are though. Thanks again!
mareblu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote