Thread: Neck weakness
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 04:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo55 View Post
symptoms increase --after the FCE -- make sure your pain and symptoms get documented and hopefully observed by a PT or MD while it is still happening.
The infamous Delayed pain of TOS!

What you describe sounds like spasms- does your neck feel kind of "locked up"
like to turn your head it very difficult or possibly can't even do it?

A good Dr or PT should be able to feel/recognize spasms, and recommend the best treatment.

What my chiro did was a mix of trigger point and tissue release on my scalenes and SCM, it took a couple of weeks 2x a week to get rid of the most discomfort.
But I didn't know what it was at first and just suffered with it until I happened to meet the chiro at a booth at county fair one of my lucky days
He also did some release on my pec major below the clavicle, used the IF stim on my whole back.

But what happened to me was the SCM & scalenes spasmed so much that they pulled my top rib up and it got stuck like that and until 1 adv PT guy did a rib mobilization and my top ribs dropped a half inch back down to normal
gosh that was instant relief from many lingering sx.
That was my big turnaround
now chiro checks my top ribs every session.

but my main point is that these spasms can be treated by smart and caring PT/DC/ DO or even a good massage therapist.
Thanks Jo! I want to go to the same fair you went to!!!! I haven't had any of the work done that you described except rib mobilization but it all sounds AWESOME and I'm sure I could benefit from all of them. Now if I could just convince the controllers of my medical care.......
The feeling I have is not so much a locked up feeling as it is a total weakness. Like heaviness of my head is too much and I have to prop it up or lay down. Then even still I am extremely uncomfortable & feel like I need to roll a towel up to place under my neck. Do you think this is a spasm too? Its an even feeling once it comes on. hmmmm

thursday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote