Thread: life continues
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 09:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default life continues

well, guess what? as we sit here in front of our puters communicating with other people who are sitting in front of their computers... life is still goin on. i have come to the realization that pd hasnt changed me that much. it has enhanced my already feisty nature, and humbled me.. but the humility wouldnt take hold unless there was something i needed to be humbled by. i have changed. not by pd.. but by what i have allowed it to do.

you know, the fear of losing who we are to this blasted disease is there because we dont look at the whole picture. who we are is not deter
mined by pd. we are who we are because God created us. scuze meif i offend anyone, but i am a christian and i speak my beliefs. whether you are or not, think of it this way. do you really determine what happens in your life? if so.. why do you have pd?

reason i write this is because i am letting go of many things that i thought made up who i am. selling my home, gifting my ocean property. getting everything out of my name for security reasons for future assista nce. parkiejam dot com is no more. may even sell my bike. these things do not make up who i am. they were a part of my life... but now i move on.

i will be working on the newsletter, the beat, which can be accessed by going to www.parkiejam.net and clicking on the words.. the beat... and when i get tired , i will take a break. i will reflect. i will relax..or at least search for the meaning of relaxing. why create environments that are stressed filled? there are enough already hanging around if we chose to go that route.

when i got banned from bt1, it devasted me.. how dare they?? it was an injustice! swore untill i got tired of hearing myself swear, fought it tooth and nail.. let it take over. then i realized... time to look at this differently. bt1 was a part of my life for many years, but it wasnt who i was. things have changed, life goes on. Time to let go of anger and bitterness.. life is too valuable to waste precious time. God is showing me something and i am listening... and i will cling to my old saying...

"I have Parkinsons Disease, Parkinsons Disease does NOT have me"
harley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote