View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 10:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Angry

((((((Kamie)))))),

That's the major thing that stinks about changing jobs -- you have to start all over with new doctors. It's so ridiculous.

When my son was small, he had a lot of problems -- psychological, social, learning disabilities.

I FOUGHT for months and months and months. Actually had to take the whole thing to a regional appeal. Because the local school board did not want to "get stuck" with the whole bill. It ended up being a three-way split between the school, the State, and some other agency. (mental health, probably).

During all this foolishness of no one wanting to "get stuck" with the bill -- the kid gets left waving in the wind with no services at all until they came to their agreement.

It's an absolute obscentiy that residing in the richest country in the world means: you have to hold a bean supper to get a bone marrow transplant; kids can't get the services that they need when they need them; families have to go into unbelievable debt when there's been a catastrophic illness or injury in the family.

There's enough money in this country to take care of everyone who needs a little help and also to help people in other countries who need help -- if we just didn't spend so foolishly. All you have to do is look at the Federal budget

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Hugs to your little ones.

Barb
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote