View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 01:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused bone deformity now?

Hello,

I am hoping some of you might have some insight for me. The tops of my feet off to the side have been swelling up like eggs. Mostly on my left foot. At times, it is really large and the pain of my PN is way up. At other times the 'humps' are smaller when my PN pain is less. It feels like some bones are broken below the two smallest toes. I asked my doctor (neurologist) and she told me that I could not have broken bones. It was the PN doing it's damage.

Today I saw my Endocrinologist (it was time for thyroid check) - I asked her and she said that the PN often causes the bones to loosen and move or dislodge a little causing this swelling deformity and pain. She told me it was impossible to do anything about it.
My legs in general have been hurting more, but I figured it was due to recovering from knee surgery (after falling).

The pain in my feet seems to be changing and this odd swelling on top creates almost a cup area from it up to the toes. If I try to bend my toes down real hard to correct it, it feels good. My husband will rub them and push up from the bottom correcting the indention and it helps too. I first thought I was having swollen lymph nodes of the feet! I know this must all sound crazy, but it is causing some true suffering.

Without rambling on, does this sound familiar to anyone here? My husband suggested going to an orthopedic doctor. Something is definitely more going on with these feet.

ML Schumacher
Schumacher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote