Thread: Now I remember!
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 07:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default ...clarifying!

I am trying to clarify my question from a couple of weeks ago, as I can't quite believe that none of you knowledgeable people had no ideas at all!! I know my question was a bit confusing (and it is complex in the absence of having a readout of one of the tests), but it was all my tired brain could muster at the time.

The gist is: Although I told the neurologist that I seemed to have a feeling of fullness after eating even hours later (possible ? delayed emptying) he sent me off for autonomic tests of cardiac and sweat testing (I don't know the correct names of these two tests - one involved SSR 2 Channel???). Or was it because I complained of some difficulty swallowing therefore he was checking the Vagus nerve function?

So is there a correlation between specific organ autonomic dysfunction and autonomic dysfunction generally in terms of what shows up on tests? I suspect not, as why have the tilt table and other varied autonomic tests? Was he just trying to eliminate the most life threatening autonomic problem (ie. cardiac) without addressing my actual complaint of stomach fullness and therefore avoided looking further into that problem?

...... it certainly felt like a case of the story where a man loses a coin one night and he starts searching for it under the street lamp. Someone comes along and starts to help him and after awhile says "is this where you lost the coin?" "Oh no", says the man "I lost it over there". "Well" says the other person, "why are you looking for it here"? "It's because it's under the light here and I can see!"
Megan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote