View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 08:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Your story is incredible but all too common. You have the symptoms of small fiber neuropathy with autonomic involvement. You should be being tested for it instead of the doctor making a guess that you might have it, here take this, see me in six months. Some of the tests are skin punch biopsy, which may not be available where you are yet but is considered the best test as of now. QST, QSART, sweat test, and tilt table tests are other testing that can/should be done to test for small fiber neuropathy. You can read some explanation of these tests here http://www.massgeneral.org/Neurology...dOaklander.pdf Pre

diabetes or diabetes is a cause of small fiber neuropathy and you should do all you can to control blood sugar, and take supplements such as b12. If you do a search here on the various topics i have listed you will come up with a lot of valuable information. There are other people here who know much more about SFN and diabetes than i do, i just wanted to get you started.

It is outrageous how you have been blown off by doctors as to the cause of your pain and burning. It is all too common and easy for lazy, uninformed doctors to blame anxiety for these symptoms.
HeyJoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote