Thread: revision in NY
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 08:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Actually, he scheduled the discogram with my pain guy, Dan Richman. He's done my epidurals. Dr Richman is an anesthesiologist turned needle jockey, so I'm hoping he is good at keeping this pain-free. He's also in-network.

http://www.hss.edu/physicians_richman-daniel.asp

He's had the same training as Dr B, but as not-so-distinguished places.

I tried to get a private myelogram and Dr St Louis, who was said to be "the best" wouldn't take my Oxford.

The HSS folk have been.

Had a qi gong healing session yesterday for butt pain, as I'm taking qi gong classes, and thought it would be interesting. It made an immediate difference in the pain.
I have no idea how is, but my take is it's similar to using magnets for pain, but clearly better. Weird that these things can actually work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJZH View Post
LizaJane,

I had a discogram done from T11 to S2...Not a pleasant experience...but I got through it...I had one discogram done in NYC and another in Philadelphia...U of PA...If I were having it done in NYC ...I would use Dr. Bakshi...He is absolutely the best...I just had a cervcial discogram done with him...I was scheduled with another doc in the city and it turned out to be a nightmare...I actually crawled out of the CT Scanner, walked up to the doc told him I was leaving then called Dr B and told him the Doc was incompetent and left.....so the only doc that I will allow to do a discogram in the city is Dr. Bakshi....He is kind, compassionate.....and makes the discogram as painless as possible...His staff is wonderful too...His office is off Park Ave...around Lenox Hill...you go from his office over to Lenox Hill for the CT Scan...

Dr Bakshi is actually with Dr. O...so I imagine Dr. O scheduled a visit with him anyway....Dr. B did a discogram...a Spec CT scan...Ct Scan....

http://doctor.spine-health.com/doctor/SanjayBakshi/

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote