View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlie Girl View Post
We are not that warm yet, only about 60 yesterday and 50 today. I can relate to your Jello! Boy oh boy can I!

I was thinking of the cooling vest. Have you any experience with that?
I tried one once but didn't like the extra weight, it threw my balance of a one-legged toddler way off.

I've learned to manage well with good, old ice that I can carry in the car or get almost anywhere. I'll even go to a drive-thru and ask for a cup of ice when I really need it.

As an avid 4-season camper, I learned that our hands and feet are like a thermostat and our heads are like the vent. If your hands and feet are cool and your head is uncovered, you may find that it makes a huge difference. Crocs are popular but impractical for keeping cool feet.

Also, many of us have found that keeping the back of the neck cool is a huge factor.

Experiment around while you have the cooler temps so when the heat really gets there, you'll have a plan.

I'm not fond of all the gear out there because I don't like to haul things around with me and fuss over where to put them, etc. You'll find your best methods with a little trial and error.

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote