View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 11:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Melody,

I'm not saying chiropractic treatment doesn't have it's place...never in a million years. I've had treatment from a DO doing similar distraction techniques, and they've provided tremendous relief. But, my concern when you posted was the MRI images. Sometimes folks who post just don't realize how damaging chiropractics can be, if the patient has an MRI like your husband's and a chrio is doing Grade 5 manipulations (cracking with alot of torque).

I am glad to hear your husband's progress, and that the neuro/chiro has been able to improve his symptoms to the point that he doesn't really need pain medication on a regular basis. Unfortunately, once there's been nerve damage, even when you do take the pressure off with decompressive therapies, the nerve pain continues because of somatization.

I've been to HSS's orthopedic surgeons myself for evaluation and like your hubby, I'm not a surgical candidate. Good luck in the search for more information and treatment. Don't give up hope that the neuropathy will ease over time. Take care.

Theresa
Tbackpain1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote