View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 11:42 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default First off!

Melody, your Gina image has not yet been asorbed into the brain image! Keep looking at yerself in the mirror, or the shop window glass...Who knows? You mite get used to it! Heck appreciate it! Other words in mind are 'savor, enjoy and a sort of:let them ALL eat cake and gain! LOTS'...

Mrs.D and all...I have never, ever seen anyone fall gracefully..always some form of 'splutter, thud, splat'. It cannot be done. Put a positive spin on it tho to get the point across of 'That DRATTED NEUROPATHY!' Maybe, some furry brains can connect cause/effect dots.

I don't know about others, but once you pass a certain age [30-40?] well, you plain old do not bounce and get back up without consequences.

Simply be grateful that there were folks around to pick you up ...and, if needed, those able to tote you to the hospital or ER. You all know what I mean.

When I was a kid, my Mom would occasionally spank me..it was more of a heavy pat one would give to a big dog...Always, the comment: This hurts your pride more than yourself. When I fall and crawl/clamor ever so gracelessly up to the standing-upright position, that comment is very loud in my head. Then, the other part of the brain pipes up a loud 'DONT DO THAT!' . We get by. Hugs and super good thoughts to all! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote